The Oromia Support Group (OSG) is a not-for-profit, nongovernmental and nonpolitical organisation that promotes human rights. OSG has conducted extensive field research and, since 1994, has published detailed reports on human rights abuses in Ethiopia, with particular focus on Oromia Region. OSG seeks open, plural democracy together with cultural and political tolerance for all the people of Ethiopia.
OSG seeks to achieve its objectives by:
- Serving as a critical information and documentation hub dedicated to monitoring and archiving human rights violations in Ethiopia;
- Engaging in human rights advocacy and campaigning to improve the human rights situation and raise awareness of abuses in Ethiopia;
- Encouraging solidarity among different ethnic, cultural, political, religious and other social groups so that human rights are supported as a common value of all;
- Supporting the investigation and prosecution of individuals and entities implicated in human rights violations and international crimes;
- Assisting victims of human rights abuse in obtaining redress by providing specialised legal advice and representation before national, regional and global human rights institutions